Our Mission & Goals
Our goal is to provide youth with a summer camp experience that:
- Stimulates love for and care of the natural world.
- Promotes discovery of one's own dignity and worth.
- Encourages respect for all races, creeds, and backgrounds.
- Develops commitment to enduring values and respect.
- Inspires service and responsibility to foster exemplary school and community leaders.
Campers achieve these goals through activities and programs led by skilled leaders. These young-adult leaders conduct a varied and exciting program that includes horseback riding, swimming, outdoor adventure programming (hiking, camping, rappelling, ropes course, etc.), archery, cookouts, music, dance, drama, arts-and-crafts, pageantry, rich ceremony, and much more. Our success can be measured by the high rate of returning campers and staff members – on average, 75% of campers and 80% of staff return to Geneva Glen each summer. Geneva Glen is one of very few camps able to boast fifth-generation campers.
"Geneva Glen has been regarded as “magic.”"
It is a place “out of time,” it transcends fashion, and it liberates participants from the pressures of the “real world”. Geneva Glen seeks to empower all campers and staff to live at their highest level and to enrich their home communities by virtue of their substance and strength of character, enlarged through their Geneva Glen experience.