- Training and/or experience in environmental education and outdoor living skill activities (must be documented); NOLS training preferred
- Current first aid and CPR certifications
- Ability to set up program, and to teach skills to staff and campers of all ages
- Ability to supervise assistants
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
- Ability to work with one's peer group
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
- College student or at least 19 years of age
Program Coordinator / Program Director / Executive Directors
Our goal is to provide youth with a summer camp experience that: promotes the discovery of one's own dignity and worth; develops empathetic, culturally competent campers who welcome and respect all individuals, regardless of what they look like, how they identify, where they come from, their socioeconomic status, their faith and who they love; stimulate a love for and care of the natural world; develop commitments to enduring values and respect and inspire service and responsibility to foster exemplary school and community leaders.
To plan, direct, and supervise camp's environmental education and outdoor living skills program.
- Explain procedure for overnights to staff during orientation
- Ensure each overnight site is properly equipped with stove, matches, etc...
- Monitor use of equipment such as back packs, tarps, pots and pans, replace and repair when necessary
- Oversee area for safety measures
- Ensure all out-of-camp trips are properly prepared for and executed
- Teach basic outdoor living skills to campers and staff
- Teach sound environmental stewardship to campers and staff
- Assist in packing all materials and supplies at end of season
- Fulfill all obligations as a counselor to personal cabin/dorm
- Evaluate to current seasons and make recommendations for equipment, supplies, and program for following season.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required
- Ability to lead campers, staff on rigorous hikes
- Ability to react, move quickly in a case of emergency
- Ability and proper certification to drive a car.